FINALLY, One Company is Tackling America’s
$50B Nighttime Snacking Problem
Ready to Own a Piece?
America’s $50B Nighttime Snack Problem
- What you eat before bed matters.
- With never-ending streams of video and social media content, people are going to bed later and later. This has led to an explosion in nighttime snacking in recent years.
- The total snack market in the United States is now estimated to be over $150 billion and almost half of all snacking takes place between dinner and bed, according to consumer research giant IRI.
- Humans are biologically hardwired to crave excess “survival calories” at night. Also at night, willpower is weakest. So, it’s no surprise that cookies, chips, candy, and ice cream are the most popular nighttime snacks. They’re delicious and they deliver maximum calories most efficiently.
- Unfortunately, those snacks are generally unhealthy and can be disruptive to sleep quality.
- With the world’s largest food and beverage companies currently on the sidelines, one brand is pioneering this potentially multi-billion dollar category.
The Nightfood Opportunity
- “What you eat before bed matters…” This is a critical truth already accepted by the scientific community. But it hasn’t yet gained full traction with the everyday consumer. As consumers accept this truth, we believe nighttime snacking will emerge as the next billion-dollar consumer category.
- Many of the largest food and beverage companies in the world have recently expressed interest in the nighttime snacking occasion and the link between nutrition and sleep. This includes Nestlé, PepsiCo, Unliever, Mondelez, and Kellogg’s, and indicates to us that the opportunity is significant.
- Nightfood snacks are formulated by leading sleep and nutrition experts with a sleep-friendly profile for people snacking at night.
- There are 56,000 hotels in the United States. Nightfood intends to leverage widespread hotel lobby-shop distribution to grow revenues, achieve profitability, and build the nighttime snack category.
- Since launching into national hotel distribution in May, 2022, Nightfood is now available in select locations of many of the largest hotel brands in the world, including Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton Garden Inn, Crowne Plaza, Best Western, Sonesta, and more.
- We believe widespread distribution of Nightfood’s sleep-friendly snacks in some of the most trusted hotel brands will signal to consumers that Nightfood is the right choice if you’re going to snack at night.
- We believe we can leverage national hotel distribution to make Nightfood the dominant brand in the next billion-dollar consumer snack category.